Thursday, August 6, 2009


"High & Dry"
Opaque Watercolor
This painting is copyrighted and it cannot be reproduced without the permission of the artist

This a vintage Chris Craft which landed on the beach after Hurricane Frederic back in 1979..The bridge to Dauphin Island had been blown away and the only way you could get to the island was to take a ferry..cars were not allow if you weren't a resident..so my mom, Myrt and I took our bikes..we rode around Dauphin Island..it was almost back to its original state..because all the vacation homes and most of the businesses were gone..I believe that it ought to be saved as a National Seashore and not a vacation destination..or even residential..There is a confederate fort on the east end "Ft. Gaines." It has been sometime since I ve been to the island..The strip of land behind the boat is "Little Dauphin Island." I no longer have this painting as I was participating in an Fine Arts & Crafts show where I won Best Of Show and the a company sponsored a large amount of money for the award and they recieved this painting..

No comments: